At KANDY Outdoor Flooring we’ve learned what it takes to identify the right professionals to ensure the work to beautify your balcony delivers the best results for your new outdoor flooring.
Here are a few tips we've assembled for you:
Where to Find a Contractor
- Online listings for handyman, flooring installer, xxx finishing expert. For trusted home improvement professionals, you can find them on www.homeadvisor.com
- Help wanted ads
- Word of mouth - recommendations from friends
What You are Looking For
- Mature, flexible and experienced professional with his/her own vehicle and tools
- Needs to load, layout and design, complete custom cutting and finishing work for installation of outdoor floors, thoroughly clean up and dispose of boxes and waste
- Experience working with exotic hardwoods, granite, composites or polymer materials.
What to Ask Before You Hire
- What is your approach to communicating with your clients?
- How do you determine what they want and need?
- What happens when you make a mistake or something goes wrong?
- What experience do you have with design, layout and finishing work?
- What specific experience do you have installing and customizing deck tiles/floating outdoor floor systems?
Also be sure to ask for – and check – references, and establish a clear understanding around project cost. Depending on local employment and other economic factors you could budget between $1.50 and $2.00 for install costs.
Prefer to ask KANDY to arrange a contractor for you? We’re happy to help. Contact us today for details.